Although oxygen steelmaking is a well-known process there are some current challenges for the operating engineer: process control and operating practices, environmental aspects, modelling and CFD. Next to these new questions the program also includes the important basics thermodynamics, chemical reactions kinetics, heat and mass balance and a lecture on tramp elements.
Our target groups are:
- Steel shop operating staff
- Employees in R&D
- Supervisors responsible for decisions on metallurgy, energy, purchasing and environmental protection
- Supervisors responsible for decisions on metallurgy, energy, strategy, environmental protection
- Analysts, stake holders and decision makers in energy transition, low carbon economy and decarbonization
- Staffs on blast furnace, R&D and raw materials
The seminar places the emphasis on a wide overview on the subject: the first day covers the fundamentals and conditions for hydrogen-based iron ore reduction. The lectures of the second day round off the programme with practical approaches on dif-ferent industrial plant concepts.
This Continuous Casting Course is designed to train persons in continuous casting of steel. In half a week the essential topics of CC are explained in detail. The lectures are supplemented by exercises to intensify learning. The course is suitable to give an overview to newcomers and to train operating engineers in theoretical fundamentals.